Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
Originally Posted by a12ctic how would i go about releasing and renewing the ip from the router? Exactly like Spencerf said on page 2 of this thread : Code: sudo ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Quote Originally Posted by a12ctic
    how would i go about releasing and renewing the ip from the router?
    Exactly like Spencerf said on page 2 of this thread :
    Code:
    sudo dhclient eth0
    or any other interface, depending on which you use.
    "To express yourself in freedom, you must die to everything of yesterday. From the 'old', you derive security; from the 'new', you gain the flow."

-Bruce Lee

Just Joined!
    Quote Originally Posted by antidrugue
    You are right, there is no /etc/hotplug/ folder in Ubuntu. But the rest did work right?

Even after a reboot, the module 8139cp still gets loaded after blacklisting it with
    Code:
    echo 'blacklist 8139cp' >> /etc/modprobe.d/blacklist
    and
    Code:
    sed -i -e 's/\(.*8139cp\)/# \1/' /etc/modprobe.d/aliases
    ?
    Hi, this is ther person a12ctic has been helping the whole time. We reinstalled Ubuntu, and I went through and redid all the steps you posted (minus the line about the hotplug folder, since it doesnt exist), and after a reboot I still cant connect to the internet, and when I ping the router I still get "network is unreachable". Sorry this response is a bit delayed, I really appreciate your help so far, tell me whatever info you need and I'll find it.

Linux User
    haha, well gentoo seems to be the only distro to configure his network card correctly so were going with that for now. i might get him suse

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4