Find the answer to your Linux question:
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Windows Media Player streaming?

Hi,
    I'm trying to listen to a radio stations online stream that uses Windows Media Player... I'm using MPlayer with extracodecs and win32codecs and it loads but is stuck at 99% buffering?

I've had the same problem on Gentoo for a while now; I'm not sure how to solve it, but I circumvent it by using Firefox's Unplug plugin and using mplayer by hand.
    Flies of a particular kind, i.e. time-flies, are fond of an arrow.

Registered Linux User #408794

Just Joined!
    Thanks but it didn't work for this one... this problem only seems to happen when streaming anything live! I had contacted the company just to see if there is a way to fix this... when/if I get an answer, I'll leave a post for you too!

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close

Move this thread

To the mods

Almost everybody has faced this problem once (provided he/she has tried streaming vids). The solution to this will be distro-independent as is the problem and will be very useful to everyone. I hence suggest that this thread be moved to Multimedia/Games section in the GNU Linux Zone.
    "There is no sixth rule"
    --Rob Pike
    Registered Linux User: 400426 home page

Just Joined!
    You're right that certian streaming problems are not distro specific! The only reason why I had posted it in Ubuntu help is that Ubuntu does not come with MP3 codecs or Win32codecs support thinking that the problem maybe a Kubuntu or Ubuntu problem or a specific codec problem... turns out it was not!
    I had tried to use the URL manually in MPlayer again as suggested and this time it worked... I actually prefer using it this way since I don't have to use a browser to open the stream! Thanks!!!