Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi, I'm trying to listen to a radio stations online stream that uses Windows Media Player... I'm using MPlayer with extracodecs and win32codecs and it loads but is stuck at ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Windows Media Player streaming?

Hi,
    I'm trying to listen to a radio stations online stream that uses Windows Media Player... I'm using MPlayer with extracodecs and win32codecs and it loads but is stuck at 99% buffering?

I've had the same problem on Gentoo for a while now; I'm not sure how to solve it, but I circumvent it by using Firefox's Unplug plugin and using mplayer by hand.
    Flies of a particular kind, i.e. time-flies, are fond of an arrow.

Registered Linux User #408794

Just Joined!
    Thanks but it didn't work for this one... this problem only seems to happen when streaming anything live! I had contacted the company just to see if there is a way to fix this... when/if I get an answer, I'll leave a post for you too!

Linux Enthusiast apoorv_khurasia's Avatar

Move this thread

To the mods

Almost everybody has faced this problem once (provided he/she has tried streaming vids). The solution to this will be distro-independent as is the problem and will be very useful to everyone. I hence suggest that this thread be moved to Multimedia/Games section in the GNU Linux Zone.
    "There is no sixth rule"
    --Rob Pike
    Registered Linux User: 400426 home page

Just Joined!
    You're right that certian streaming problems are not distro specific! The only reason why I had posted it in Ubuntu help is that Ubuntu does not come with MP3 codecs or Win32codecs support thinking that the problem maybe a Kubuntu or Ubuntu problem or a specific codec problem... turns out it was not!
    I had tried to use the URL manually in MPlayer again as suggested and this time it worked... I actually prefer using it this way since I don't have to use a browser to open the stream! Thanks!!!