Find the answer to your Linux question:
evertime i reebot the cpmuter after installing xserver fsck starts and says file system is corrupt it then deletes some inodes and when i try to startx im told xserver ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

installing dapper606

evertime i reebot the cpmuter after installing xserver fsck starts and says file system is corrupt it then deletes some inodes and when i try to startx im told xserver is not installed

Are you sure your hard drive is OK? No bad sectors? You can verify that it is with the disk diagnostic utility from your hard drive's manufacturer.
    "To express yourself in freedom, you must die to everything of yesterday. From the 'old', you derive security; from the 'new', you gain the flow."

-Bruce Lee

Just Joined!

installing dapper

the hard drive seems tro be ok its a maxtor ultra-ata 133 i ay put my old drive back in as a slave and see how that works

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Just Joined!
    have you downloaded the maxtor tools software from their website - the drive may look fine, but their software maybe able to detect an issue - if it does check their warranty pages by entering your model and serial number - if still under warranty get an rma and send it back for a replacement.

I have done this with a few maxtor drives and their service is very good on replacing faulty drives under warranty

Just Joined!

installing dapper

i downloaded powermax 4.2 and the diagiagnostics said the harddrive was fine

Just Joined!
    Quote Originally Posted by antidrugue
    Are you sure your hard drive is OK? No bad sectors? You can verify that it is with the disk diagnostic utility from your hard drive's manufacturer.
    i downlADED POWERMAX 4.2ND IT SAID THE HARDDRIVE WAS FINE