Find the answer to your Linux question:
well i fianally received my cds from conical but it really did not make a difference as the graphical installer crashed 5 times and the alternate crashed twice at selecting ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

installing dapper 606

well i fianally received my cds from conical but it really did not make a difference as the graphical installer crashed 5 times and the alternate crashed twice at selecting and installing software error installation stopped due to errors anyway i did a server install install and it installed grub so i have windows back for internet access (the live cd allows me internet access also) i then did a sudo apt-cdrom add then sudo apt-get ubuntu-desktopit started to install then error could not open /var/lock installation failed too many errorsthe system also becomes unstable after this when i reboot fsck checks the filesystem and reports errors and i have to manually run fsck to fix

Just Joined!
    Quote Originally Posted by unisol1
    well i fianally received my cds from conical but it really did not make a difference as the graphical installer crashed 5 times and the alternate crashed twice at selecting and installing software error installation stopped due to errors anyway i did a server install install and it installed grub so i have windows back for internet access (the live cd allows me internet access also) i then did a sudo apt-cdrom add then sudo apt-get ubuntu-desktopit started to install then error could not open /var/lock installation failed too many errorsthe system also becomes unstable after this when i reboot fsck checks the filesystem and reports errors and i have to manually run fsck to fix
    i also get this message at bootup pci#6 failed to allocate memory resource the nic wasnt in the computer when everything was going well think ill look into that