Find the answer to your Linux question:
I am going to be switching from cable internet access to QWEST DSL. Main reason is it is cheaper and I rarely need 6mbs except maybe when downloading a giant ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Linux Newbie

Dsl

I am going to be switching from cable internet access to QWEST DSL. Main reason is it is cheaper and I rarely need 6mbs except maybe when downloading a giant file. 1.5mbs should suffice. Question is are htere any known problems going this way?

Quote Originally Posted by rgreeves
    I am going to be switching from cable internet access to QWEST DSL. Main reason is it is cheaper and I rarely need 6mbs except maybe when downloading a giant file. 1.5mbs should suffice. Question is are htere any known problems going this way?
    To avoid any potential issues, make sure you won't be force to use a USB modem.

If you have a router, nothing will change really. Otherwise, it'll be a simple manner of configuring PPPOE.

Plus, there are already many threads regarding internet with "Qwest DSL", here is one :
    http://www.linuxforums.org/forum/sus...use-9-3-a.html
    "To express yourself in freedom, you must die to everything of yesterday. From the 'old', you derive security; from the 'new', you gain the flow."

-Bruce Lee

Just Joined!
    Most new DSL modems maintain the PPPOE for you, If yours doesnt, buy a cheap router to handle it for you

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close