Find the answer to your Linux question:
Duel booting dapper with w2k Grub is the loader. Dapper is the default OS. I have installed dapper on another [second] machine. I want to remove dapper from the duel ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Question Uninstall Dapper

Duel booting dapper with w2k Grub is the loader. Dapper is the default OS. I have installed dapper on another [second] machine. I want to remove dapper from the duel and leave w2k.

Is there a way to do this?

oz
    forum.guy
    To get rid of GRUB, boot with a Windows emergency boot disk and run: fdisk /mbr

...or

Boot with the Windows XP installation CD and from the recovery console type: fixmbr

Doing either one should rewrite the MBR allowing you to reboot directly into Windows.

You can remove Ubuntu from the drive by deleting or reformatting the Linux partitions.
    oz

Thumbs up Unistall Dapper

Quote Originally Posted by ozar
    To get rid of GRUB, boot with a Windows emergency boot disk and run: fdisk /mbr

...or

Boot with the Windows XP installation CD and from the recovery console type: fixmbr

Doing either one should rewrite the MBR allowing you to reboot directly into Windows.

You can remove Ubuntu from the drive by deleting or reformatting the Linux partitions.
    Thx OZAR. This is just what I needed