Find the answer to your Linux question:
I am trying to set up dsl on ubuntu and as i was looking around i stumbled upon rp-pppoe which should take care of my problems. Since I am a ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Install rp-pppoe 3.8 (Roaring Penguin)

I am trying to set up dsl on ubuntu and as i was looking around i stumbled upon rp-pppoe which should take care of my problems.

Since I am a total noob i need step by step insructions on how to convert this over to .deb since it is a rpm, compile, setup, install, whatever, etc, so i can get the program up and running. Another thing is that all of the instuctions I have found have you download the package while in Ubuntu, but that is a problem for me since the internet isn't working yet in ubuntu. But thankfully I dual booted and i can use the internet on windows. Anyway so what I did was download the package in windows and moved it to my ubuntu desktop... where it now remains. So how do I get this installed and running... without getting the package from online, but instead getting it from my desktop?

Please help a desperate noob

You can check out those instructions on how to install "rp-pppoe" :
    http://ubuntuguide.org/wiki/Dapper#H....28RP-PPPoE.29
    "To express yourself in freedom, you must die to everything of yesterday. From the 'old', you derive security; from the 'new', you gain the flow."

-Bruce Lee

Just Joined!
    Nevermind I figured it out.

Just Joined!
    Buy yourself a cheap router to maintain your PPPOE connection for you, then You wont need to have an APP do it...