Find the answer to your Linux question:
when i go to turn the sound off on my computer, i get an error message that says: "Registry is not present, please update it by running gst-register." quite honestly, ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

problem with sound-noob needs lotsa help

when i go to turn the sound off on my computer, i get an error message that says: "Registry is not present, please update it by running gst-register."

quite honestly, i have no fricken clue of how to do that. this is the first time ive ever screwed around with installing linux and such. i just got ubuntu up and running about an hour ago and im lucky im even on the net. so i dont really know what to do and any help would be greatly appreciated. thanks a bunch
    speedy

try running
    Code:
    gst-register-0.8
    from the command line
    Brilliant Mediocrity - Making Failure Look Good

Just Joined!
    awesome thanks for the help. is there anything else i should do to get it running fully functional?

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Just Joined!
    k now i have another problem. everytime i turn the computer on, the clock gets reset to december 31, 1987 at 7pm. errr why? how do i stop this?

Quote Originally Posted by speedy11309
    k now i have another problem. everytime i turn the computer on, the clock gets reset to december 31, 1987 at 7pm. errr why? how do i stop this?
    that sounds like perhaps the CMOS battery is dead on the motherboard. If you right click on the time---->adjust time and date----->synchronzie clock with servers, you can have it automatically get the time from online.
    Brilliant Mediocrity - Making Failure Look Good

Just Joined!
    yeah thats a good point. i wouldnt doubt if the cmos was dead since this lappy is a p3 from like 6 years ago.