Find the answer to your Linux question:
just like the title says. i dont want to get the one that is seen on the internet, just the one my router gives to my computer. i tried ifconfig, ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

how do i get my internal network ip?

just like the title says. i dont want to get the one that is seen on the internet, just the one my router gives to my computer. i tried ifconfig, but that only gave me a 127 ip and not a 129 ip, which is what i need so i can port forward. thanks.

Linux Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by speedy11309
    i tried ifconfig, but that only gave me a 127 ip and not a 129 ip, which is what i need so i can port forward. thanks.
    What does this mean? Can you post the output of ifconfig? What is a "129 ip"? You will always have a loopback interface (lo) which has the localhost IP (127.0.0.1); this is not what you are looking for. And hopefully you will have other real network interfaces (eth0, etc.) which will have IP addresses.

Just Joined!
    yeah i rebooted the thing 3 times then it finally changed the ip from 127.0.0.1 to 129.168.whatever. it was wierd. i dont really know how to explain it.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Just Joined!

network connection

i got my pc setup this morning to connect online. i have ubuntu 6.06. anyway, i went into System, then Administration, then Network. click on Ethernet connection (which has a picture of a NIC next to it) that says The interface eth1 is active (or yours might show not configured). click on properties and it should say Connection Interface name: eth1 (or eth0). make sure "Enable this connection" box is checked.
    under Connection settings, in the Configuration section, mine is set as Static IP address. in the IP address i set mine to 192.168.1.100 because this pc is my basestation in my network. Subnet mask is 255.255.255.0 and Gateway address is 192.168.1.1.
    try these settings. see if they work.