Find the answer to your Linux question:
Two problems here. 1. I have a Logitech keyboard with NO INSERT KEY (just one huge delete key). Yet sometimes Ubuntu will just switch to overwrite mode for no apparent ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Linux Newbie

Angry Annoyed by the insert key and the network

Two problems here.

1. I have a Logitech keyboard with NO INSERT KEY (just one huge delete key). Yet sometimes Ubuntu will just switch to overwrite mode for no apparent reason while working with any kind of text application. This becomes quite annoying. What the heck's going on?

2. After every restart, I have to disable the network connection, enable it and then select eth0 as the network interface (it becomes deselected at every restart). What's going on and how to fix it? Does it have something to do with DHCP?

A big thanx in advance guyz.
    Registered Linux User #394578

Linux Newbie
    No replies?

Some help here, guys....
    Registered Linux User #394578

Quote Originally Posted by {MaX}
    1. I have a Logitech keyboard with NO INSERT KEY (just one huge delete key). Yet sometimes Ubuntu will just switch to overwrite mode for no apparent reason while working with any kind of text application. This becomes quite annoying. What the heck's going on?
    I don't know what's going on there, perhaps change the keyboard
    Quote Originally Posted by {MaX}
    2. After every restart, I have to disable the network connection, enable it and then select eth0 as the network interface (it becomes deselected at every restart). What's going on and how to fix it? Does it have something to do with DHCP?
    Is this a lan card or wireless, and what are you plugging/wifi-ing into?
    free/libre/open software for the people by the people
    Linux user #185360

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close