Find the answer to your Linux question:
I'm having a hard time getting the videos on Launch.com to appear in firefox...it just shows 'no picture'. i have mplayer installed (and i think its the latest version) and ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Mplayer and plug-in for Firefox not working with launch.com

I'm having a hard time getting the videos on Launch.com to appear in firefox...it just shows 'no picture'. i have mplayer installed (and i think its the latest version) and the mplayer-plugin as well...i also have the w32codecs although they are almost a year old and i cant find a working repository for the 6/11/06 version.

does anyone know exactly how to get it working or will launch work with a different video player? i think the reason i want mplayer is bc i have a java script that allows me to save the streams using greasemonkey. maybe someone knows if i can use a different player. my research has turned up nothing...

thanks...

easyubuntu might help
    free/libre/open software for the people by the people
    Linux user #185360

Just Joined!
    I'm pretty sure launch.com requires Windows and or IE to work. The same problem exists using firefox in Windows. Search the firefox forums for this.
    http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewforum.php?f=38
    They had released an extension that enabled launch.com videos to work. I'm not sure of the current staus of this issue, however. But I had read about it a while back.

Just Joined!
    thanks...i tried easyubuntu and still no luck...ill keep looking in the firefox support...in the meantime, does anyone know another site comparable to launch.com with music videos that DOES work on linux?

Brilliant Mediocrity - Making Failure Look Good

Just Joined!
    okay i just figured out the problem...i kept getting a "no picture" screen on not just launch.com but all embedded video links...on a hunch, i removed VLC and its firefox plugin and everything plays fine now! go figure....