Find the answer to your Linux question:
OK, so I got this nifty program AcidRip, right. I tried the suggested dvd::rip program, but it just didn't work for me. Anyway, I already ripped a DVD (Pink Floyd ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

AcidRip question...

OK, so I got this nifty program AcidRip, right. I tried the suggested dvd::rip program, but it just didn't work for me.

Anyway, I already ripped a DVD (Pink Floyd Pulse Disk 1) without cacheing - I didn't have a lot to do on the computer today and spent most of my day outside. I started the day (and AcidRip) at around twelve in the afternoon - tonight, it got done around twelve at night.

So my question is this: If I turn on the cacheing option, will it be faster, or just cache the files and not encrypt them? Will it delete the un needed data when it's done? Is it a good idea?

And another question while I'm here and on it - In my Home folder, I unloaded a .tar file to install Flash. Well, for some reason, I can't delete it (since it's no longer needed) because I don't have the permissions. Is there some way to delete the folder through the terminal or anything? I can't switch the permissions through right clicking and going through the Properties menu...

I can't answer the first question for you, but on the second question I'm guessing you were installing flash. Youwere probably root when you did this. Try removing it as root
    Code:
    sudo rm ~youruser/flash.tar

I don't think I worded the second question right... Sorry... Lemme get a picture example.

I just want to get rid of that folder with the "no" sign and pencil. I would like to keep Flash...

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    If Flash Player works in your browser you can remove the directory from terminal with
    Code:
    # sudo rm -rf ~/install_flash_player_7_linux
    and Flash should still work since this dir only contains the installation files.

Exactly

If however you do have need to keep that directory but would like to make it your own, as root -
    Code:
    chown -R coleman:users install_flash_player_7_linux
    which will change the ownership of the file to you.