Find the answer to your Linux question:
I was readin threads on how to setup my wireless network and etc. and when i click the Network Icon (2 computers) on the upper right, i get the error: ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Setup Wireless Network Error.

I was readin threads on how to setup my wireless network and etc. and when i click the Network Icon (2 computers) on the upper right, i get the error:

Please contact your system administrator to resolve the following problem:

SIOCGIFFLAGS error: No such device.

I do not know where to find out what device I am using for my wireless network either so I do not know where to download it. I have a Gateway Laptop running on a wireless adapter already built into the laptop. Any information on how i can fix this or solve it I will be sincerely greatful. I will gladly submit any information that is needed.

Linux Newbie
    Heres a link to a bunch of docs https://help.ubuntu.com/community/WifiDocs - think everything you need is there but the first thing is to identify chipset so lspci -n would be an ideal place to start.
    Elive,kanotix-mini,pclinuxos super gamer,xp, sidux

Just Joined!
    ok..umm, i was reading one of the docs that had a similar issue and it told me to find out what kind of network adapter i had, which is a Broadcom Corporation BCM4318 [AirForce One 54g] 802.11g Wireless LAN Controller (rev 02)
    and to find it on the list... i looked. IT WASNT ON THE LIST!?! im out of idea's. I'm new to linux and everything so sorry if im being a complete retard about things, but like i said before... any help i can get would be greatly appreciated.:

Linux Newbie
    Ummm well if you looked at the page I linked to you should see WifiDocs/Driver/bcm43xx which then links to howtos for breezy and dapper using new Broadcom driver. Seems to involve installing firmware but straightforward enough.
    Elive,kanotix-mini,pclinuxos super gamer,xp, sidux

if not theres always ndiswrapper if you can get the win drivers.
    You know, aliens are going to come to earth in 50 years and kill the hell out of us for DDoSing their networks with this SETI crap
    registered linux user #388463