Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hello world, im a newbie at using both a mac and Ubuntu (linux). i have a a few problems i need help solving. 1. I installed ubuntu on my G4 ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Angry UBUNTU on my IBOOK G4 is Frustrating - Help anyone???

Hello world, im a newbie at using both a mac and Ubuntu (linux). i have a a few problems i need help solving.

1. I installed ubuntu on my G4 and i want to delete it now as i want to put the original mac os x back on. Ive tried several methods to delete ubuntu from my mac but still haven't succeeded, i tried using a knoppix disk to boot the mac but ubuntu always loads and none of the disks is able to boot.

2. i dont have my original OSX disk so i borrowed a friends hoping itll help me wipe the harddive clean and re-install OSX but that doesnt work either i get an error.

what can i do??????????????????

did you wiped your OSX partition during install?
    What is shown in /boot/grub/menu.lst?

Maybe wiping all the partitions with gparted and then creating the partitions with OSX installer?

Or identifing what type of partition is used by OSX and recreating it with gparted?

Obviously you should backup at first
    Put your hand in an oven for a minute and it will be like an hour, sit beside a beautiful woman for an hour and it will be like a minute, that is relativity. --Albert Einstein
    Linux User #425940

Don't PM me with questions, instead post in the forums

Just Joined!
    If it's not booting from CD, try holding down the "c" key with either the Knoppix or OS X disk in the drive. If thats not the case, could you be more specific and tell us what the error says?

Martin.