Find the answer to your Linux question:
i use ubuntu6.06.i wanted to play half-life episode one by wine but i couldnt.there are some strange collors and everithing is moving so sloow.is there a problem with my nvidia ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

wine

i use ubuntu6.06.i wanted to play half-life episode one by wine but i couldnt.there are some strange collors and everithing is moving so sloow.is there a problem
    with my nvidia drivers?

could be, but you've got to remember, its not a very good emulator!
    it will work well on some peoples machines on some distros on some hardware. for others it just sucks and there isnt't much to do other than install a windows partition and play it on that. theres always cedega (a commercial version) but again theres nothing guaranteeing it'l work
    You know, aliens are going to come to earth in 50 years and kill the hell out of us for DDoSing their networks with this SETI crap
    registered linux user #388463

hi !!

i agree with 'cayalee' ... sometimes or you can say most of time in case of heavy application or games, wine sucks.... if you like and wanna use window based applications... then you should go for dual boot with windows......

<=== { casper } ===>
    It is amazing what you can accomplish if you do not care who gets the credit.
    New Users: Read This First

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Quote Originally Posted by jan1024188
    i use ubuntu6.06.i wanted to play half-life episode one by wine but i couldnt.there are some strange collors and everithing is moving so sloow.is there a problem
    with my nvidia drivers?
    More likely the problem is with WINE. It's a hack, nothing more. It doesn't always work and when it does it certainly won't work as well as a program running natively in MS Windows. As suggested above, your best bet for running MS Windows games in Linux is probably Cedega.
    Registered Linux user #270181
    TechieMoe's Tech Rants

is it possible to get cedega with synpatic package manager

no but it does have a graphical installer downloadable from their website
    You know, aliens are going to come to earth in 50 years and kill the hell out of us for DDoSing their networks with this SETI crap
    registered linux user #388463

I run Half-Life 1 and its mods regularly with Cedega and they run almost perfectly. If you're getting the Nvidia logo at start up, the drivers should be installed properly.
    Linux Mint + IceWM Registered: #371367 New Members: click here