Find the answer to your Linux question:
So I got this real old USB Camera, right. It's from a company called HAWKING and it only takes 640x480 and has 64MB internal memory (won't take SD cards)... I ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

USB Camera (help me)

So I got this real old USB Camera, right. It's from a company called HAWKING and it only takes 640x480 and has 64MB internal memory (won't take SD cards)...

I don't know if this helps, but on the bottom there is a number and some letters. It spells out S/NO.: ABO20002525...

Anyway, I don't want to import any pictures or anything - I'm just wondering if this camera will even be recodnized by any programs - and the programs I'm talking about, I need help finding.

I need one that can show me what the camera sees (when connected to the USB port to the computer) and can take snapshots through the camera and I can save them on my hard drive. I think that description is a bit confusing, but...

Can I get any help? What kind of program would even do that? Is the camera to old?

its worth plugging it in and seeing if it is recognised. you can tranfer your piccys over normally just using the file manager but i think programs like gtkcam will do the job too.
    unless your camera is a designated webcam then i dont think it'll do what you want it to..
    You know, aliens are going to come to earth in 50 years and kill the hell out of us for DDoSing their networks with this SETI crap
    registered linux user #388463