Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
hi linuxrcks! Its not necessary to install windows first.You can install linux first and than windows the only thing which must be done is reinstalling bootloader....
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

hi linuxrcks!
    Its not necessary to install windows first.You can install linux first and than windows the only thing which must be done is reinstalling bootloader.

hi jan1024188
    Quote Originally Posted by jan1024188
    Its not necessary to install windows first.You can install linux first and than windows the only thing which must be done is reinstalling bootloader.
    the best way is to install windows first. it solves a lot of problems... windows need primary partition and 1024 cylinder limits. this not the case with Linux... it can be installed in logical partitions......

<=== { casper } ===>
    It is amazing what you can accomplish if you do not care who gets the credit.
    New Users: Read This First

thanks devils_casper but i know that.I just wanted to say that s not realy necessary to install windows first.What about if someone has alredy linux installed and there a lot of data.Will that person kill linux and install windows and than linux again because is beter installing windows first?

hi jan1024188 !!!

What about if someone has alredy linux installed and there a lot of data.Will that person kill linux and install windows
    No.. you can install windows after installing linux...

i am surprised.... you are asking this question in the very same thread whose title is "Need to re-partition Linux" and thread starter is trying to install windows after Linux...

i think you should read this thread again and check out the problems he had while installing windows after linux and how he sorted out those problems...

<=== { casper } ===>

hi devils_casper
    nooo im not asking how to solve this problem(i have alredy installed linux first and than windows)
    You really need to install windows BEFORE you install ubuntu!
    I just wanted to say if someone has alredy installed linux and than is redy to install windows...is not needed to delete linux because of windows.if you have linux and than install you windows... just reinstall bootloader and you are ok.I wanted to say in that case that person will not delete linux and than install windows and than linux again.

hi jan1024188 !!

i already made things clear and its not worth to discuss this topic anymore......

by the way.... the quote you used... those are not my words .... check again.. no irrelevent replies please.....

<=== { casper } ===>

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4