Find the answer to your Linux question:
I have my ethernet cord plugged from my computer into a linksys router, which goes into an Etherfast cable modem. There is also a printer plugged into the linksys router, ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Linksys Ethernet Network/LAN?

I have my ethernet cord plugged from my computer into a linksys router, which goes into an Etherfast cable modem.

There is also a printer plugged into the linksys router, and it's plugged into another computer that is connected into the router. Is there a way I can access this printer?

Also, is there a way for me to setup a Windows network with a computer plugged into the router which I can access?

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by kbsuperstar
    I have my ethernet cord plugged from my computer into a linksys router, which goes into an Etherfast cable modem.

There is also a printer plugged into the linksys router, and it's plugged into another computer that is connected into the router. Is there a way I can access this printer?

Also, is there a way for me to setup a Windows network with a computer plugged into the router which I can access?

Thanks!
    Hello superstar!

This is the exact setup (minus the printer), that I have going! I am using a Linksys router. My box in the house is hardwired to my router. My printer is plugged into the box. My box in the garage is using a linksys wusb11 wireless antenna that accesses the net AND the printer through the router.

What I am saying is.,you do not need to have your printer plugged into your router. Just plug it into your machine that is connected to the router, then setup your network and you can access that printer from any of your machines!