Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi can anyone help as I'm new to linux and am having trouble installing the brother driver I downloaded it and its been installed but does not appear in the ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

brother HL5250DN laser driver problem

Hi can anyone help as I'm new to linux and am having trouble installing the brother driver I downloaded it and its been installed but does not appear in the file related to installing the printer in printer manager on closer inspection the format of the brother driver appears to be different to the format used in the print manager so far i can only run the printer with raw but this does not allow me to print double sided. Any help would be appreciated as I'm at the stage of thinking nasty things re linux hahaha. not really its just that my learning curve is dragging the chain.

1. Please use punctuation and don't use run on sentances. It makes it a lot easier for me to decyphyer what you're saying.

2. I see no driver for that printer on the companie's website. It looks like it only supports Windows and Mac. Where did you get it?
    Two levels higher than a newb.
    (I can search google)

oz
    forum.guy
    According to LinuxPrinting.org this printer works perfectly with Linux. It appears that you should be using the postscript driver:

http://www.linuxprinting.org/show_pr...ther-HL-5250DN
    oz

Just Joined!
    Yes thank you both for your replys. im aware that linux supports this printer. I have downloaded the driver from brother, but cannot get it to work?

When downloaded and installed the driver is not writing to the usr/share/ppd