Find the answer to your Linux question:
When I first installed Kubuntu I looked into the examples folder and watched a video with Nelson Mandela, talking about what Kubuntu means. The sound quality was really good, and ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Cool Kaffeine Player Garbled Voice Sounds

When I first installed Kubuntu I looked into the examples folder and watched a video with Nelson Mandela, talking about what Kubuntu means. The sound quality was really good, and you could hear clearly the background music as well as what Mr. Mandela was saying. Since then I have of course installed various updates via Adept and Automatix.

Last night I was just going through sound files listening to music and trying things out. I happened to open the example file with Mr. Mandela in it. The music was great but...you could no longer make out what the people were saying. The voices were somehow garbled and were lower in volume than the music. I checked a few things (I'm still a noob) and have been unable to figure out what may have happened. Any ideas? Thank you.

Hi !

on terminal/konsole, type 'kmix' and adjust sliders.

.... casper ....
    It is amazing what you can accomplish if you do not care who gets the credit.
    New Users: Read This First

Thumbs up Kaffeine Player Garbled Voice Sounds

Thanks again! I think I must have thrown the mixer out of whack while adjusting it for various types of music. I was, as we say "groovin" to some alternative jazz and techno while trying different settings; that's what did it. That's another beer I owe ya!

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close