Find the answer to your Linux question:
If any online gamers know how I might get the Call of Duty 2 game and or server to run under Kubuntu, please give me some ideas, thanks....
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Question Call of Duty 2 in Kubuntu?

If any online gamers know how I might get the Call of Duty 2 game and or server to run under Kubuntu, please give me some ideas, thanks.

the server SHOULD have a linux port (would you run a server on windows? ) but you'd need wine to run the client and success is not guaranteed
    Here's why Linux is easier than Windows:
    Package Managers! Apt-Get and Portage (among others) allow users to install programs MUCH easier than Windows can.
    Hardware Drivers. In SuSE, ALL the hardware is detected and installed automatically! How is this harder than Windows' constant disc changing and rebooting?

COD2 in Kubuntu

the server SHOULD have a linux port (would you run a server on windows? ) but you'd need wine to run the client and success is not guaranteed

A Linux port? Ok I'll research that lol.

Would I host a server in windows? Of course I would... and do..."I'm a gamer", and I host (COD2) games with Teamspeak2 all the time..in windows.

I can try Wine and, I have seen talk in the forums about Cedega (?); thing is I have no idea how they work, if they work or how to tweak them to get the best chance of success in Kubuntu.

So, I was hoping that someone who actually "plays online games" in Kubuntu could tell me how they do it, via Wine or whatever, what works and what does not. I'm a noob admittedly, and if Kubuntu will allow me the same or (most likely) more freedom to do the stuff I need and want to do daily on the pc i.e. music, videos, email etc, then....I'm all ears and ready to learn whatever it takes to do these things. Thanks.