Find the answer to your Linux question:
Help! My Ubuntu system just started this, and it won't play sounds at all. Even the log-on sound won't play! If someone would help, I would appreciate it very much. ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Ubuntu not playing sounds/songs at all

Help! My Ubuntu system just started this, and it won't play sounds at all. Even the log-on sound won't play! If someone would help, I would appreciate it very much. Also, how do you get to play sounds that aren't 16-bit audio? Thanks!

An easy way,
    In the command line:

sudo apt-get install alsa-utils
    sudo alsaconf
    Put your hand in an oven for a minute and it will be like an hour, sit beside a beautiful woman for an hour and it will be like a minute, that is relativity. --Albert Einstein
    Linux User #425940

Don't PM me with questions, instead post in the forums

The first command it said that I already had it installed. The second command gave me a bash: no such command thing. One more question, and a more important one at that: How do you get the file uploader to display images and not just filenames? Thank you!

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Here on the forum? You can post an image using the IMG tags. You need to host the picture somewhere first. I usually use http://imageshack.us

But what about uploading images to a website like costco.com, so I can order prints online? (What I really need is to know how to edit the Ubuntu file upload thingie, so it shows images of the files instead of just filenames). Thanks! This is a huge problem, so I appreciate all the help I can get.

Anyone there?