Find the answer to your Linux question:
Is anybody having any porblems or errors installing ubuntu 6.06, or higher. If so could anybody please post reply's or the errors they are getting....
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Exclamation Installing Ubuntu 6.06

Is anybody having any porblems or errors installing ubuntu 6.06, or higher. If so could anybody please post reply's or the errors they are getting.

Quote Originally Posted by norco_39
    Is anybody having any porblems or errors installing ubuntu 6.06, or higher. If so could anybody please post reply's or the errors they are getting.
    I've had no issues. Have you? If so, could you post the error and perhaps we can help?
    Registered Linux user #270181
    TechieMoe's Tech Rants

Angry

I've posted my error's in a previous thread from which i haven't had any dramatic answers. But here I go again, my problem is that when I try to boot from the ubuntu c.d. I get an error saying that the "I-O APIC timer" is not connected. And it says to try and boot with the "noapic" option so I do that ,and then I get another error:"VFS unable to mount root...." So I've just been waiting for some type of help.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Sounds like the LiveCD isn't correctly detecting your machine's cdrom. The error you're getting is when it tries to mount the root filesystem, but cannot find the device specified.
    Try the alternate install cd or Upgrade BIOS.

casper
    It is amazing what you can accomplish if you do not care who gets the credit.
    New Users: Read This First

IO3
    I'v got no problems on both the live-cd and the alternet