Find the answer to your Linux question:
The situation is something like this-In my computer,there are two hard discs,C,D.I used C for window and D partially for linux and partially for window.I have forgotten how i repartition ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Repartitioning a hard disc

The situation is something like this-In my computer,there are two hard discs,C,D.I used C for window and D partially for linux and partially for window.I have forgotten how i repartition the D drive...the d drive is splitted into 10gb for
    window,30gb for linux.Is there anyway to unistall the mandriva on the D drive and install ubuntu on it..and can i adjust the space which given for linux ?.thx guys

Just Joined!
    One more question,how much space does ubuntu 6.1 consume.

Is there anyway to unistall the mandriva on the D drive and install ubuntu on it..and can i adjust the space which given for linux ?
    boot up from Ubuntu CD. click on GParted. its in Menu. you can resize/delete/create partition through GParted. either delete Mandriva partition or start installation and select Mandriva's partition as install Location.
    OR
    execute this code in gnome-terminal
    Code:
    sudo fdisk -l
    it will ask for password. press 'Enter' key. post the output here so that we could suggest you proper steps.

One more question,how much space does ubuntu 6.1 consume.
    minimum 5GB.
    6GB-8GB is good. rest depends on you.

casper
    It is amazing what you can accomplish if you do not care who gets the credit.
    New Users: Read This First

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close