Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hopefully this has a simple answer, but I haven't been able to find one: How do you change the order in which GRUB boots operating systems? On my PC it ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

GRUB Kernel Boot Order

Hopefully this has a simple answer, but I haven't been able to find one: How do you change the order in which GRUB boots operating systems? On my PC it automatically loads Ubuntu, but I use my WinXP system more often and really don't like having to wait for GRUB to show up to catch it and tell it to switch over. Thanks in advance for the help.

The boot order is managed in a file called menu.lst. It's probably located in /boot/grub. All of the various boot options are listed in there along with a default value. The default value specifies which entry is booted by default. It's probably set to 0 so that means the first entry is the one that is booted by default. You can either change the value of default or you can rearrange the entries to make the one you want booted by default the first entry.

in terminal/konsole, execute this
    Code:
    sudo gedit /boot/grub/menu.lst
    change line 'default 0' to 'default 4' in this file and save it......

casper
    It is amazing what you can accomplish if you do not care who gets the credit.
    New Users: Read This First

Just Joined!
    thanks for the help, worked like a charm!