Find the answer to your Linux question:
As I understand it the Edgy 6.10 release of Ubuntu comes with xorg already configured for AIGLX; however, I can't get Beryl to work using AIGLX, works with XGL though. ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Beryl and AIGLX

As I understand it the Edgy 6.10 release of Ubuntu comes with xorg already configured for AIGLX; however, I can't get Beryl to work using AIGLX, works with XGL though. I'm running on an Nvidia GeForce 6800 with the proper drivers installed. I checked I have the Nvidia Kernel, which I understand comes built in with the 6.10 release, nvidia-glx, I've modified xorg so that it contains driver name "nvidia" instead of "nv." I see the Nvidia splash screen when I boot up but when running beryl-manager everything comes back up with no window borders, I can't move anything or type anything. I've made sure my color depth is set to 24, uninstalled/re-installed emerald-themes, which I'd imagine works fine since XGL works.

Regards

Check out this thread. In particular, follow the link to Antidrugue's tutorial, and substitute beryl for compiz.

The Beryl project wiki has some good Beryl-specific information.
    Stand up and be counted as a Linux user!

Just Joined!
    I was able to get this working. When I ran nvidia-config it moved some options from the "device" section to the "screen" section. I moved the following options out of "screen" and back to "device:"

Option "AddARGBGLXVisuals" "True"
    Option "XAANoOffscreenPixmaps" "True"
    Option "DRI" "True"
    Option "TripleBuffer" "True"
    Option "RenderAccel"

After this I am now able to run Beryl under XGL, still haven't been able to get Beryl working under AIGLX, giving up for now.

-Rydes