Find the answer to your Linux question:
I'm having some dificulties with the Firefox that it came with ubuntu. It doesn't support my most used extensions: Google Notebook and Tab Mix Plus. In Tab Mix Plus i've ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Firefox, buggy...

I'm having some dificulties with the Firefox that it came with ubuntu.
    It doesn't support my most used extensions: Google Notebook and Tab Mix Plus.

In Tab Mix Plus i've set alot of thing(like put x button on every tab and so on) but this version of firefox just ignores them.
    I also use Google Notebook, but when i click Open Notebook it opens a new tab where i have just the little notebook(i'm not talking about the full page, I'm talking about the small windows where you can see just the notes).

Another thing is Firefox that annoys me is when i press backspace it goes 3 lines up, but in the standard version it goes to the previous page(Back). Another thinag is the icon.

I understand there was some fight between Mozzila and Debian(or Ubuntu, i don't remember) but i want the standard version.

How do I install the standard version?

Quote Originally Posted by Alex Stan
    Another thing is Firefox that annoys me is when i press backspace it goes 3 lines up, but in the standard version it goes to the previous page(Back). Another thinag is the icon.
    To fix this, browse to about:config. When here, type backspace in the search box. Only one result will come up. Double click it and change the value from 1 to 0.

As for the 'standard version', download it from mozilla.com

Bryan
    Looking for a distro? Look here.
    "There can be no doubt that all our knowledge begins with experience." - Immanuel Kant (Critique of Pure Reason)
    Queen's University - Arts and Science 2008 (Sociology)
    Registered Linux User #386147.

I've downloaded it but i can't figure out how to install it, it's not like other packages

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    The tarball from the Mozilla website is not a deb package. Untar it and there should be a shell script in there called firefox. Execute that script from the command line:
    Code:
    cd /where/you/untarred/firefox/to
    ./firefox
    Bryan
    "There can be no doubt that all our knowledge begins with experience." - Immanuel Kant (Critique of Pure Reason)

K, so i executed that, and i asume it ran(not install) the "standard" version. But that doesn't matter, but what i matters that the only thing different in this version is the icon, everything else is the same as in my buggy version.

What can i do?

Execute it in safe mode to see if you notice something acting odd. One of the main problems could be extensions or themes. Try disabling them in safe mode.

Bryan

Well the extensions are the problem, i'm not trying to turn them off, i'm trying to fix them. 2 of my most used don't work on this version. They work on Windows and even on Fedora Core.

FC (all of the versions) come with a pre-2.0 release. Are you sure they work with 2.0? What extensions are they?

Bryan

Yes I'm sure. I already told you, my extensions(Tab MIx Plus and Google Notebook) work with firefox 2 on Windows and FC.