Find the answer to your Linux question:
New to linux, steep learning curve. Apologies for this thread not making sense...but here's the prob briefly: Installing software called OpenMS - have installed autoconf, C++, etc. then installed xampp ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

./configure help

New to linux, steep learning curve. Apologies for this thread not making sense...but here's the prob briefly:

Installing software called OpenMS - have installed autoconf, C++, etc. then installed xampp to get apache, mysql, php and phpmyadmin. then installed Qt libraries and another 4 libraries required by OpenMS - all this using the command line and without any apparent problems.

Now when I try to configure openms - cd to source directory - autoconf (seems to work), then ./configure (some extra codes...) the terminal switches to the GNU public license terms and conditions. I type 'q' to escape out of it and the terminal seems to freeze - get asked whether I accept the terms of the license but get no response to typing 'y' or 'n' (or anything really). As there is no specific error messages it is hard to know what is happening. Can anyone help??

Just Joined!

Answer to my own question

Going to answer my own question just in case anyone ever has the same problem...this is what I did:
    Opened the config.log file in gedit
    Found the lines in the script that dealt with the GNU public license terms etc. and put # at the start of each line in this section to 'silence' them.
    Next time when I ran ./configure, it still took me to the GNU license terms page but once i pressed 'q' to exit configure kept doing it's job.
    Very simple yet very effective.