Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hey, I've tried asking this question on Ubuntu Forums, but no one's answering, so I'm asking here. Does anyone know how to get Kubuntu 6.10 to print to an HP ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Printing to a HP Deskjet D4160

Hey, I've tried asking this question on Ubuntu Forums, but no one's answering, so I'm asking here.

Does anyone know how to get Kubuntu 6.10 to print to an HP Deskjet D4160 that's connected to a Windows machine? using the KDE print interface, I can find and add the printer (I use the Deskjet D4100 driver), but when I try to print, nothing happens. Any print jobs are being properly sent to the Windows machine, but it seems that when it gets to the printer, the job stalls. I have no idea what's causing this.

Does anybody have any success printing to a D4160? Was it over a network, or was it connected directly to your machine?

Just Joined!
    I didn't have luck printing on my HP Deskjet D4100 printer as well. The printer is connected directly to the LINUX computer and I get the same result as you: the job is sent to the printer but nothing prints. There is only the power light that starts blinking rapidly.