Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hey everyone, I just started to use Linux yesterday, and i'm learning how to use it. I have two questions. My first problem is trying to install Firefox 2.0. When ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

im a total newbie plz help!

Hey everyone, I just started to use Linux yesterday, and i'm learning how to use it. I have two questions. My first problem is trying to install Firefox 2.0. When I double click the installer it just opens up the 1.5 firefox. Linux will not let me uninstall the old firefox. My other question, I was wondering how to instal themes. I downloaded some themes from gnome-look.org. For some reason I can't install the Beyrl, Metacity, or the other themes. Each time I go into system>theme and try to run and install it, it says the file is an invalid format. Again any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks and take care!

no need to uninstall earlier version of firefox. latest version is not available in sources. whenever it will available, synaptic will remove earlier version and install new.
    keep both version for a while.
    for using latest version of firefox, right click on downloaded file and click on 'Extract here'. this will create a new folder 'firefox' at same location. open this folder and double click on 'firefox' file in it. FireFox 2 window will pop up. create symlink of 'firefox' file on Desktop.

for themes..... extract theme and drag it on the Themes Window. if it doesn't work, try other themes...

Casper
    It is amazing what you can accomplish if you do not care who gets the credit.
    New Users: Read This First