Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi everyone! I'm new to linux, and I have a question that I can't seem to find the answer for myself. I have an internal 120 GB hard drive. I ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

How do I format a 120 GB internal HDD into HSF+ volume?

Hi everyone! I'm new to linux, and I have a question that I can't seem to find the answer for myself.

I have an internal 120 GB hard drive. I need to format this into HSF+ format. Currently the only OS I have is ubuntu. (I have a PC, not a mac, so unfortunately I can't boot to disk utility to do this)

I am running ubuntu from the live CD only. I noticed in the gnome partition editor I can format into HSF, but not HSF+. It's a big hard drive, so it needs the HSF+. Does anyone know of any disk utility I can download for ubuntu to do this? Or maybe the command line instructions? Thanks very much!

Maybe one of these packages in combination with GParted might help?
    Code:
    aptitude search hfs
    i   hfsplus                                                                - tools to access HFS+ formatted volumes                                          
    i   hfsutils                                                               - Tools for reading and writing Macintosh volumes                                 
    i   hfsutils-tcltk                                                         - Tcl/Tk interfaces for reading and writing Macintosh volumes                     
    p   libhfsp-dev                                                            - library to access HFS+ formatted volumes                                        
    i A libhfsp0                                                               - shared library to access HFS+ formatted volumes                                 
    p   nhfsstone                                                              - NFS benchmark program                                                           
    p   shfs-source                                                            - (secure) SHell File System module source                                        
    p   shfs-utils                                                             - (secure) SHell File System mount programs                                       
    p   squashfs-source                                                        - Source for the squash filesystem                                                
    p   squashfs-tools                                                         - Tool to create and append to squashfs filesystems                               
    p   sshfs                                                                  - filesystem client based on SSH File Transfer Protocol