Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Originally Posted by RIZ618 now i want to create home and root partition withing extended partition, now how do i do tht using gparted. As i m on the system ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Quote Originally Posted by RIZ618
    now i want to create home and root partition withing extended partition, now how do i do tht using gparted. As i m on the system and i cant c any option in gparted tht would allow me to create partition in a extended partition.
    select free space in Extended Partition, right click and select 'New'. create New partition, assign size and file system ( Format to ).

Casper
    It is amazing what you can accomplish if you do not care who gets the credit.
    New Users: Read This First

Just Joined!
    Quote Originally Posted by devils_casper
    select free space in Extended Partition, right click and select 'New'. create New partition, assign size and file system ( Format to ).

Casper
    yup thanks for that.i mennaged to make the extended and logical partitions, My ubuntu is showing me three partitions right now i.e.
    sda2
    sda5
    sda7
    how do i mount this partitions as root and home. So that i have a seperate partition for my use and for my group use??

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2