Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Was it brand new and unused or was it used when you got it? Could some security feature be enabled? Try to Reset to factory defaults. On mine the power ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Linux User

Was it brand new and unused or was it used when you got it? Could some security feature be enabled? Try to Reset to factory defaults. On mine the power and DSL lights are steady and the Ethernet light flashes

Just Joined!

problem trying connect Kubuntu 6.10 to internet

Thanks, arochester.

I have two BT 205 routers and they both behave in the same way. Both are used (I bought them on eBay)

Forgive my stupidity, but I don't understand you when you say: 'Try to Reset to factory defaults' as I cannot see a 'Reset' facility. How do I do it?

Best

old codger

Linux User
    Press Advanced. It will ask for your ROUTER username and password (NOT your broadband username and password!) The default router username=admin password=admin. (If somone else has changed the password you have problems...) Go to System. A Reset button should appear. Hit that.

Start inputing your info again

Also make sure of your broadband username. We are with Tiscali so the password is not dumdedum it is dumdedum@tiscali.co.uk.

Just Joined!

problem trying connect Kubuntu 6.10 to internet

Thanks, arochester.

I clicked 'Advanced', entered 'admin' as both username and password, but when I clicked 'System', nothing happened.

Best

old codger

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2