Find the answer to your Linux question:
im dual booting ubuntu and kubuntu but i couldnt change the screen resolution to 1024 by 1280 my only options were 800 by 600 or 640 by 480. i changed ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

screen resolution

im dual booting ubuntu and kubuntu but i couldnt change the screen resolution to 1024 by 1280 my only options were 800 by 600 or 640 by 480. i changed moniters and now the resolution is so high i can barely read the screen. this problems applies for kubuntu and ubuntu hope i can fix ithttp://www.linuxforums.org/forum/images/smilies/confused.gif

check your Monitor's Manual and note down supported HorizSync, VertiRefresh rates and Resolutions.
    execute this
    Code:
    sudo dpkg-reconfigure xserver-xorg
    this command will ask a lot of questions. accept default options. Enter correct HorizSync and VertiRefresh rates when prompted. select correct Resolutions too. reboot machine.

Casper
    It is amazing what you can accomplish if you do not care who gets the credit.
    New Users: Read This First

Just Joined!

thnx

thnx as always my replys are slow and long time after i'm answered but oh well thnxhttp://www.linuxforums.org/forum/images/smilies/icon_mrgreen.gif

If you want the Kde desktop for ubuntu in addition to gnome you don't really need to set a dual-boot with two partitions. You can d/l other desktop environments with synaptic and select them from the login screen. I kinda went crazy with desktop environments when i found that out.