Find the answer to your Linux question:
I am very new to kubuntu, and I was trying to install skype, through a repository. However, after going to adept packet manager and entering the address for the repository ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

deleting repositories

I am very new to kubuntu, and I was trying to install skype, through a repository. However, after going to adept packet manager and entering the address for the repository I am no longer able to launch adept packet manager or add remove program. I am prompted with a message that says to run apt-setup and apt-get update, however, I can't seem to make either of those work in the terminal. Does anyone know how I can remove the address of the repository that is screwing up my system?

might be a daft question but you did use "sudo" apt-get update right?
    what was the error message?
    You know, aliens are going to come to earth in 50 years and kill the hell out of us for DDoSing their networks with this SETI crap
    registered linux user #388463

Just Joined!
    when I type sudo apt-get update it asks for my password then gives back E: Malformed line 1 in source list /etc/apt/sources.list (dist)

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    open sources.list file and put # sign before first line. OR paste contents of sources.list here.
    Code:
    sudo nano /etc/apt/sources.list

Casper
    It is amazing what you can accomplish if you do not care who gets the credit.
    New Users: Read This First

this thread is fixed, sorted out over msn.
    You know, aliens are going to come to earth in 50 years and kill the hell out of us for DDoSing their networks with this SETI crap
    registered linux user #388463