Find the answer to your Linux question:
I am new to kubuntu and its installing. I have installed Suse 9.3, 10.0, 10.2 all with no problems. Trying to install Kubuntu 6.1 it first couldn't load because it ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Linux Newbie

partition question

I am new to kubuntu and its installing. I have installed Suse 9.3, 10.0, 10.2 all with no problems. Trying to install Kubuntu 6.1 it first couldn't load because it couldn't see the video card. ( I think ) When I finally got the install started I ran into a partition problem. I have a 36gig partition made for the install, but it tells me I need to create more. Does it not automatically set-up the swap partition inside your main partition?? ( Suse does this for you ) I wanted to try this out because it was suppose to be easier that Suse, but I might just stick with old faithful.
    Alienware M17
    Dual ATI 3870 512Mb ram each
    intel 5300 wireless
    Ubuntu 8.04

i think you have created 2-3 Primary and 1 Extended Partition already.
    Does it not automatically set-up the swap partition inside your main partition??
    installer creates SWAP or other partition inside Extended Partition. you can't create partitions within Primary Partition.
    post your existing partition structure here.

Casper
    It is amazing what you can accomplish if you do not care who gets the credit.
    New Users: Read This First