Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
anyone else had or having problems with the dlink dslg624t wireless router? ive got it working in edgy on my laptop on an intel centrino wireless chipset, but cant for ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Exclamation DLINK dsl-g624t problems!!!grrrrrrr

anyone else had or having problems with the dlink dslg624t wireless router? ive got it working in edgy on my laptop on an intel centrino wireless chipset, but cant for the life in me get it to work on my desktop with ndiswrapper and a netgear wg111t wireless adapter!!, which worked fine with my old wireless router, on the ubuntu forums they said about changing the dns server settings in ubuntu, which worked fine for my laptop with both wired and wireless connections! see : http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?p=1954024

anyone else having any sort of problem with this router, please let me know, as the ubuntu forum for this had ground to a halt as people have either got bored or given up lol

Linux Newbie
    Is your netgear adaptor a USB adaptor? If it is, download a program called "ndiswrapper" - Ask if you need more details,

Tim
    Finished building PC using PC Pro's A-List! Will add specs soon =)

Cool errmmmmm

sorry i should have been clearer, its not the wireless adapter thats the problem, ive had that working perfectly for months with my old wireless router, but since i got the new dlink router its been a pain in the neck! lol, its a problem so it seems with the wireless router resetting or trying to force ubuntu to use 192.168.1.1 which is its default DNS, but as that thread on the ubuntu forum said changing the dns manually in ubuntu to the ones stated makes a wired connection work, and on my edgy laptop, but not in dapper on my desktop, for some reason, i did have it working today for about 5 mins, and then i dunno whether the dns addresses got reset or something!! i think i need to get the dns adresses to stick in dapper and on the router? and was just wondering if someone else had a problem like this? and wouldnt you know it, it works fine in windows! grrrr

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Linux Newbie
    Just give it a swift kick out the door lol! In reality tho that might not be possible as routers cost a good £55 and personally I don't like the idea of kicking £55 out the door especially when I'm still at school!!! lol. I've never had that problem but I would aggree on your suggested plan of action. Sure, give it a try and post back if it works / fails.

Tim

not an option

ive only just bought the damn thing lol, 70 the problem i have may be solved when feisty is released, see.. ndiswrapper has some version problems in edgy so it wont work with my wireless adapter, but the repository for ndiswrapper in dapper works just fine, im hoping it will be fixed in feisty, as its not a problem on my laptop running edgy. ill let you know when ive tried out feisty when its final is released!

Linux Newbie
    Please do,

Best of luck,

Tim

P.s. "feisty"?

Cool

feisty as in feisty fawn, the next ubuntu release, like dapper drake and edgy eft?

Linux Newbie

Wink

do you still have the old router?
    You might simply want to change the ROUTER setting to match what the OLD router was set at (ie ESSID, wep key, IP address, etc)

It is usually easier to change the settings on a router (via a wired connection set up with dhcp) then it is to change (multiple) boxes to match new router settings as MOST routers are configurable via a web page interface and are (reasonably) intuitive to configure.

Cheers

Cool

yer ive done that, i can get wired connection, but only if in ubuntu, i change the dns nameservers to 208.67.222.22 and 208.67.220.220 like they said on the ubuntu forum, but the router keeps resetting this, and i cant get wireless to work on dapper, it worked for all of 5 minutes and then dissappeared! grrr, it works fine on windows! both wired and wireless! ill see what feisty brings, maybe better networking?? i hope, ill use windows on my desktop and ubuntu on my laptop until then, hohummm!

Linux Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by liamjames91
    feisty as in feisty fawn, the next ubuntu release, like dapper drake and edgy eft?
    I've never actually heard of them! I'll do a google when I have some time. Thanks liam,

Tim

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast