Find the answer to your Linux question:
I'm trying to setup my wireless internet on my laptop. I got some help recently on here, which it seems to be going good (thank you Ozar for you help ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Help with Ndiswrapper

I'm trying to setup my wireless internet on my laptop. I got some help recently on here, which it seems to be going good (thank you Ozar for you help there) now i have a problem finding out what my device driver is. I'm running a Gateway M505 with integrated wireless. I tried going into the root folder to see if i could find the .inf file, but it won't let me view any files in the root folder except my home folder and my cd drive. please tell me i'm not stupid and need to do this logged in as root.
    thanks
    the stupid noob who knows nothing about linux

Just Joined!
    lpsci -nn
    Find network wireless controller (like
    '00:0a.0 Network controller [0280]: Intersil Corporation Prism 2.5 Wavelan chipset [1260:3873] (rev 01)'
    )

and google for vendor and product id (1260:3873 in my case) for windows drivers. You can try check http://ndiswrapper.sourceforge.net/m...index.php/List too

Exclamation missing hard drive?

Thanks for the input on that, it helped a lot. Now for the next question:

Where is it? and is there any reason why when i look in the root folder that i can't find my hard drive? all that comes up is my home folder, and my CD drive.

Just Joined!
    I tried to explain how to determine which windows driver you need to load with "ndiswrapper -i". Run terminal as root and type that command (lspci -nn) as root.
    and is there any reason why when i look in the root folder that i can't find my hard drive? all that comes up is my home folder, and my CD drive.
    Eh?, If you type
    Code:
    ls /
    as root you don't see standard unix filesystem hierarchy?

If you use konqueror, try type media:/ to address bar.

i got as far as to figure out which driver i had/need (i used that link you posted). now i just couldn't figure out where it is. originally the command you gave me didn't work, but that was because i really am a stupid noob who knows next to nothing about linux and didn't put sudo in front of it. I'm gonna try the other things you told me to do, and see how it works out. I really do appreciate the help.