How to patch VMware Player 3.1.5 for 32 bit machine with Lubuntu 12.10
Sorry for my spelling and grammar errors, english is not my native launguage.
I need to run VMware-Player-3.1.5-491717.i386 in lubuntu. It has to be that version only, cause my motherboard architecture is 32bits. Thats why I cant use newer versions of vmware player.
I download this patch: vmware workstation 7.1.5 / player 3.1.5 fix for linux 3.2+ (patch by Ariel), I extracted and put in in my home folder.
From this website:
1) Ok, so I already install VMware-Player-3.1.5-491717.i386
2) If I start VMware-Player-3.1.5-491717.i386 I get this error message:
VMware Kernel Module Updater, before you can run VMWare, several modules must be compiled and loaded into the running kernel.
3) Ok so time to use the patch
4) I put on terminal this commands:
a) sudo apt-get install build-essential linux-headers-`uname -r`
b) chmod +x VMware-Player-3.1.5-491717.i386.bundle
c) sudo apt-get install patch
d) sudo ./patch-modules_3.2.0.sh
5) It finish the hole process succesfully and it patch it. But when I try to run vmware player, I still get the same error. Before with old kernel it worked properly and I was able to run it with no problems. But with new Lubuntu kernel, now I get the error message, and wont get away.
(VMware Kernel Module Updater, before you can run VMWare, several modules must be compiled and loaded into the running kernel)
6) I noticed that the patch I download has 2 files:
I am able to run patch-modules_3.2.0.sh properly, and I am able to install it succesfully, but I dont know how to install or run vmware-715-kernel32.patch.
I getting the feeling that, this is why I am getting the errors message, because I havent install properly the vmware-715-kernel32.patch
Any ideas of what command I need to run in the terminal in order to run vmware-715-kernel32.patch, and been able to patch the kernel succesfully?