Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi all This is my system configuration:- vendor_id : GenuineIntel model name : Pentium III (Coppermine) cpu MHz : 930.332 cache size : 256 KB Linux version 2.6.20-1.2320.fc5 (brewbuilder@hs20-bc2-2.build.redhat.com) (gcc ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

Counter-Strike Source not working

Hi all
    This is my system configuration:-

vendor_id : GenuineIntel
    model name : Pentium III (Coppermine)
    cpu MHz : 930.332
    cache size : 256 KB

Linux version 2.6.20-1.2320.fc5 (brewbuilder@hs20-bc2-2.build.redhat.com)
    (gcc version 4.1.1 20070105 (Red Hat 4.1.1-51))

MemTotal: 255820 kB

Graphics Card: Redeon 9200

My problem is whenever im trying to launch my game it launches but quits with an error message. The message is:

err:seh:setup_exception stack overflow 340 bytes in thread 000e eip 6037a93f esp 00240eac stack 0x241000-0x35000

Can you help me? Any body?

I was never able to get Steam/CSS to work using Wine alone. You could look into other applications such as Crossover, who provide a trial version of their software, and Cedega.

I'm still playing around with my copy of Cedega as CSS won't seem to download I think that may be a problem with my internet, which has been playing up lately.
    Linux User #453176

Just Joined!
    I've managed to get Css working fine in Kubuntu. works great. heres a link that might help. Installing Valve's STEAM and Counterstrike on Ubuntu | ┬░ThePemberton.com┬░

Just Joined!
    1 problem i have that i would love for someone to help me fix, is Command and Conquer zero hour in Cedega. I've got the original cd's, but i can only get it to run when i use a cracked exe and no cd patch, it goes alright... but NO MULTIPLAYER. It will login, but when i try and play someone, it tells me i have a different version of the game than everybody else... which i know is not true.
    and another weird thing, my i.p addresss is 127.0.1.1 according to the options, which is way off.

Has anybody managed to run the game in Cedega to boot off the cd like in windows??? its really bugging me, i love that game :d