Find the answer to your Linux question:
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
I would recomend Wine. almost every game that works in cedega works in wine. "according to the apps list" I use wine for gaming. I believe any source or steam ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Linux Newbie

Wine

I would recomend Wine. almost every game that works in cedega works in wine. "according to the apps list" I use wine for gaming. I believe any source or steam game works. my games that work.

Call of Duty2, Diablo2, Dawn of war, Dungeon Seige2, NWN, age of empire, command&conquer, Prey, Doom3.

good luck
    Alienware M17
    Dual ATI 3870 512Mb ram each
    intel 5300 wireless
    Ubuntu 8.04

Quote Originally Posted by thesimplecreator View Post
    so after the three months you can cancel the subscription and still have the program?
    I'm not sure if this is still the way it works, but I subscribed to Cedega a few verisons back (v3.0). They let you download 2 files: the actual program and the "engine." The program itself is just the GUI and it's worthless without the "engine" file. While you're a subscriber you can download just the program and have it load the "engine" by logging into their server and downloading it from there.

When your subscription runs out your program will not stop working, but you will not be able to log into their servers anymore, so if you didn't download the "engine" file separately and save it somewhere you won't be able to re-install until you renew your subscription.

If you're going the one-time-purchase route I recommend you buy the minimum 3 months, download your files, and immediately cancel your subscription. You'll still have access to the servers for the next 3 months; they just won't renew your subscription automatically. At least, that's the way it worked when I used it.
    Registered Linux user #270181
    TechieMoe's Tech Rants

ok thanks i might try it
    Microsoft isn't evil, they just make really crappy operating systems.
    Linus Torvalds

Personal and politically centrist blog.--->
    http://www.deathnerd.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2