Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi, I don't have a desktop Linux handy to test this on and figured I would post a quick question here before spending the time reformatting etc. I am "trying" ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

What are the chances of my Delphi compiled program to run in wine?

Hi,

I don't have a desktop Linux handy to test this on and figured I would post a quick question here before spending the time reformatting etc.

I am "trying" hard to move away from Windows. One of my problems is that I have been developing applications in Delphi for years and am having a bit of trouble making the break. I also use a lot of third party libraries such as Woll2woll's infopower, Rav Reports and SQLdirect

My question is what are the odds of being able to run an app compiled in delphi that uses SQLdirect to access and MySQL database? The program uses libMySQL.dll for the Windows connectivity.

Do any of you guys(and gals) out there have any words of wisdom for me and a little foresight into my options here?

I have been looking at Lazarus but I'm not really in a position I can spend tons of time porting my app. I addition I have many other programs with similar requirements.

Thanks

oz
    forum.guy
    Sorry, I really can't answer your question directly, but have you checked the codeweavers and wine databases for applications compatibility?

CodeWeavers CrossOver Compatibility

Wine Application DB - Wine Application Database
    oz

Just Joined!

no

I am reasonably certain it isn't in the database since I wrote the program. I am also not really sure how I can identify other programs that were developed in Delphi that access MySQL that might be in the database. I was hoping someone could say that they had tried it and let me know if it worked.

Thx

Steve H.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    oz
    forum.guy
    No, I knew that what you wrote wouldn't be in the database, but I was thinking you might recognize other programs that were compiled with Delphi and you could compare them to what you've written. Sorry it won't help.

Maybe your target group will see this thread and respond. Best of luck with it.
    oz