Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi. I have a OCX file which has some functions to connect to specific server using a INI config file. I'm using PHP script to connect to this server through ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Registering and accessing OCX (Win32 COM) file without Windows

Hi.

I have a OCX file which has some functions to connect to specific server using a INI config file. I'm using PHP script to connect to this server through this OCX file in Apache on Windows.

But I would really like to be able to use my Linux servers for this purpose. So I were wondering what and if there is any good solution to be able to register this OCX file and be able to use it from my PHP script on my Linux box ?

Could I register this file with Wine (preferable without Windows?) and access the file's methods in my PHP script as I do on my Windows box but the PHP script is running on my Apache Linux box?

Thanks for your help.

Fannar.

The OCX is a Windows specific file, it's a windows binary. If it was usable you wouldn't need to register it as it would just need to be within the path. Is it for web access or remote administration?

Just Joined!
    Well its for web access, but I still needed to use regsvr32 to be able to call the OCX file within the PHP script.

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Sorry I meant within Linux it would not need to be registered. The point however was that the ocx will not be useable within Linux unless you mirrored your Windows setup in Wine. I was wondering what you needed it for to suggest an alternative - e.g. ssh/vnc for remote access.