Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hello, I am trying to emulate some DJ software (Serato ScratchLIVE version 1.8.0) under WINE and I'm getting an error when I attempt to launch the exe. Code: bt serato ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Microsoft.VC80.CRT under Wine

Hello,

I am trying to emulate some DJ software (Serato ScratchLIVE version 1.8.0) under WINE and I'm getting an error when I attempt to launch the exe.

Code:
    bt serato # wine ScratchLIVE.exe
    fixme:actctx:parse_depend_manifests Could not find dependent assembly L"Microsoft.VC80.CRT"
    err:module:import_dll Library MFC80U.DLL (which is needed by L"F:\\serato\\ScratchLIVE.exe") not found
    err:module:import_dll Library MSVCR80.dll (which is needed by L"F:\\serato\\ScratchLIVE.exe") not found
    err:module:import_dll Library MSVCP80.dll (which is needed by L"F:\\serato\\ScratchLIVE.exe") not found
    err:module:LdrInitializeThunk Main exe initialization for L"F:\\serato\\ScratchLIVE.exe" failed, status c0000135
    I don't understand what it means; I think they are just general .dll files probably found in Windows, however if that was the case, I don't know what to do with them.

Any input would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you,
    Brett

Just Joined!
    Just an update:

I found those three .dll files and copied them into the Serato folder. This is now the error I get:

Code:
    bt serato # wine ScratchLIVE.exe
    fixme:actctx:parse_depend_manifests Could not find dependent assembly L"Microsoft.VC80.CRT"
    libGL warning: 3D driver claims to not support visual 0x64
    ALSA lib conf.c:3949:(snd_config_expand) Unknown parameters 0
    ALSA lib control.c:909:(snd_ctl_open_noupdate) Invalid CTL default:0
    ALSA lib conf.c:3949:(snd_config_expand) Unknown parameters 1
    ALSA lib control.c:909:(snd_ctl_open_noupdate) Invalid CTL default:1
    err:alsa:ALSA_CheckSetVolume Could not find 'PCM Playback Volume' element
    err:alsa:ALSA_CheckSetVolume Could not find 'PCM Playback Volume' element
    fixme:mixer:ALSA_MixerInit No master control found on TTM57SL, disabling mixer
    err:module:LdrInitializeThunk "MSVCR80.dll" failed to initialize, aborting
    err:module:LdrInitializeThunk Main exe initialization for L"F:\\serato\\ScratchLIVE.exe" failed, status c0000142
    Don't know if that's significant or not. Hopefully it helps.

Just Joined!

Wink Visual C Libraries

That you're missing the VC80.CRT is an indication that you do not have the visual C++ libraries installed. You can download them from:

microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=32BC1BEE-A3F9-4C13-9C99-220B62A191EE&displaylang=en

Kind regards,
    Pete