Hi,
I'm trying to install HyperChem 8 (a molecular modelling program) in Wine. The product seems to install okay, but I cannot figure out how to complete the license activation process. The problem is that the software package's licensing code requires unique system variables to generate the "locking code" that is sent to the vendor to then have an activation code returned.

Below are images of the activation screens:
Firstly, the program, run through wine, askes whether I want a license. I say yes.

Then this screen comes up: I click "Activate Now"

And finally, the locking code screen appears...

The locking code field should be populated with a unique, computer-specific code that is to be sent to the hyperchem email address.. but wine seems to be unable to generate this code.

When run from the terminal, the following output is given:
Code:
jason@elmo:~/.wine/drive_c/Hyper80Student/Program$ wine chem.exe
fixme:ntdll:find_reg_tz_info Can't find matching timezone information in the registry for bias -600, std (d/m/y): 6/04/2008, dlt (d/m/y): 5/10/2008
fixme:winsock:convert_socktype_w2u unhandled Windows socket type 5
fixme:ntdll:find_reg_tz_info Can't find matching timezone information in the registry for bias -600, std (d/m/y): 6/04/2008, dlt (d/m/y): 5/10/2008
The timezone errors come up all the time with most programs that I run, but the error that is probably the one preventing a locking code from being generated is the one relating to winsock (fixme:winsock:convert_socktype_w2u unhandled Windows socket type 5) - I have read that SentinelLM uses MAC addresses to assist in generating the locking code and I assume that this error is relating to Wine trying to access this information.

Any suggestions as to how to get this licence code generated?

Cheers,
Jason