Find the answer to your Linux question:
Can someone tell me (or direct me to a prior response or other website) that will describe the kind of Windows program that is most likely to work in wine? ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Wine??? Does it make you whine???

Can someone tell me (or direct me to a prior response or other website) that will describe the kind of Windows program that is most likely to work in wine?

My first Linux project is going to be my Fujitsu 2300 tablet. I ultimately want all of my pc's to have Linux. I have been able to find Linux programs to do almost everything I need to do. There are 2 exceptions, as far as this tablet pc is concerned. I would still like to be able to use Outlook 2002 so that I can sync with my windows pocket pc. I also have a program that is a specialized Chinese-English, English Chinese dictionary. They are working on a Linux version but that is still some time away. This program has sound and also uses Unicode...

Can someone give me some insight?

Thanks

T

wine is tricky, each release supports more, and when you combine some of the emulators aimed at games, you can support most non-system programs. my rule of thumb has been if a memeber of the 'power-user' group oin windows can install it, then wine can, if only an administrator can, then probably not. The best method is guess and check!
    Avoid the Gates of Hell. Use Linux
    A Penny for your Thoughts

Formerly Known as qub333