Find the answer to your Linux question:
Alright, I finally got wow running... well kind of. Its going at 26fps, and on windows it is usually 50+ My graphics card is an nvidia quadro nvs 285, and ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Wow

Alright, I finally got wow running... well kind of. Its going at 26fps, and on windows it is usually 50+ My graphics card is an nvidia quadro nvs 285, and i am using the 'resticted driver'. From what i can tell i have followed the guides right i have done the .dlls and the registry tweek. I guess i am just looking for ideas on how to boost the fps, and also when i try and alt-tab out or close wow out it locks up and does all kinds of crazy things, making me have to restart the gui.

TIA

Are you having the same FPS issues if you run it in a window? Also, are you running any kind of desktop effects like Compiz? I find that running desktop effects cuts my FPS in 3D games down considerably. What kind of specs do you have on your computer, other than the video card? What distribution of Linux are you using?
    Registered Linux user #270181
    TechieMoe's Tech Rants

assuming you are using opengl...

there are some effects I find I need to turn down...a lot

ground clutter density and radius should be pretty low, i find that they decrease my fps dramatically by having them up any higher than low, there might be a couple others, but I'm not at home so I can't look

Just Joined!
    well guys im half way, it runs good now, still in the 24-31fps range, though i do have 1.5 gig of ram this seems bad but i can live with that. I then checked out my winecfg and i had it set to windows 2000, i changed that to xp, and that fixed the alt-tab issue. I now however have no sound? Can anyone help with the no sound?