Find the answer to your Linux question:
Ok today i bought the game dawn of war "dark crusade". twice, to play lan and online with my brother. To my horror i discovered unless the previous to games ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Exclamation This is so frustrating!

Ok today i bought the game dawn of war "dark crusade". twice, to play lan and online with my brother. To my horror i discovered unless the previous to games are installed lan can only use 2 of the 7 races. Nasty little trick from THQ.

Any way to make room for dark crusade i had to delete the previous 2 from my hdd........ Dam!

So i found a way to create a batch file that uses your cd keys from the previous versions to make all races work in lan and online.

Dark Crusade - Play all races without installing DoW and WA - FileForums

Hope im aloud to put up links!
    So i made a bat file added my cd keys and to my surprise nothing happened!

How does one run a .bat file, and or is this file a dud?

Your help will be appreciated!

Linux Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by raddellee View Post
    Ok today i bought the game dawn of war "dark crusade". twice, to play lan and online with my brother. To my horror i discovered unless the previous to games are installed lan can only use 2 of the 7 races. Nasty little trick from THQ.

Any way to make room for dark crusade i had to delete the previous 2 from my hdd........ Dam!

So i found a way to create a batch file that uses your cd keys from the previous versions to make all races work in lan and online.

Dark Crusade - Play all races without installing DoW and WA - FileForums

Hope im aloud to put up links!
    So i made a bat file added my cd keys and to my surprise nothing happened!

How does one run a .bat file, and or is this file a dud?

Your help will be appreciated!
    Bat files are scripts for DOS and Windows OSes. And wine don't have a clue on how to run them, unless you first manage to run a shell like cmd.exe under wine.

If you are really trying to run the game under wine (and not Windows) post here your .bat file, and I will gladly convert it to a bash shell script.

If you are using Windows, then this forum is not the right place to ask, because we are Linux users and can't test nor try anything Windows related.

EDIT: I see the script on the post you linked. I'll try to convert it. As long as the wine regedit tool acts the same than the windows' one, then it should work. That's is, if you use wine.

2nd EDIT: If you want me to convert this thing to a bash script, I need the sample reg file. It's been some years since I used DOS bat scripting for something. Run this command (it should work anywhere, I think) and post here the resulting file (text.txt), it should be a small text file (I think):

regedit /E text.txt "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\THQ\Dawn of War - Dark Crusade"