Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hi, I am new to Linux. I recently acquired a desktop and since I have the newest Mac Book pro and installed vista on it I figured why not install ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.

How to install a game(Rise of Nations) or any other

Hi, I am new to Linux. I recently acquired a desktop and since I have the newest Mac Book pro and installed vista on it I figured why not install Ubuntu on that desktop. I have to admit I was a linux hater but after a week of trying Ubuntu I have to say I was wrong for hating it. I am not going to switch over though I still love OSX and Vista. But Ubuntu is great though I did have trouble at the beginning tweaking it how I wanted it too. All right enough of my Ubuntu story, I installed wine but currently do not know how to use it. I want to install Rise of Nations, and I always here how great the Linux community is so please help me, give me more reasons to convince my friends to try Ubuntu as well. Thank you for your time.

i dont think you can use the windows version on linux.
    maybe installing wine can help you.
    ME not sure dude
    However, have a try at Tux Games - The Online Store for Linux Games

I would recommend reading up on some of the documentation for WINE found here:

Wine HQ

They also have an applications database which will tell you what programs various people have tried to install and how much success they've had. Sometimes they offer helpful workarounds:

Wine AppDB - Wine Application Database
    Registered Linux user #270181
    TechieMoe's Tech Rants