Find the answer to your Linux question:
Hello All! Servant Keeper 5.0.9.9a runs fine on wine 0.9.46. I hope this helps get some church offices off windoze! I just had to post this since the wine database ...
Enjoy an ad free experience by logging in. Not a member yet? Register.
    Just Joined!

Church software on Linux!

Hello All!

Servant Keeper 5.0.9.9a runs fine on wine 0.9.46. I hope this helps get some church offices off windoze!

I just had to post this since the wine database wouldn't let me enter anything for wine 0.9.46.

Have you tried to run it on the current version of wine, 0.9.61?

That is, are you using an older version because the current version doesn't work, or because you can't upgrade, or some other reason?

That wine database has frustrated me every time I've tried to use it. It has potential to be excellent. But you have to fight it to add helpful information. And searching it isn't trivial either.

Just Joined!
    Ken,

No, I haven't tried it on wine 0.9.61. I no longer have the install disc for servant keeper. I used the older version because it's the one I got with my yum install on fedora 6. And I fully agree with you about the database. It's the reason for my original post (along with trying to give churches another option of an OS).

4. $spacer_open
    $spacer_close
    Quote Originally Posted by deacon06 View Post
    It's the reason for my original post (along with trying to give churches another option of an OS).
    Not related to wine, but we use Linux in our church to broadcast the morning service. Slackware 12 running Audacity to record it, then sample it down to ogg-vorbis in mono and send it via ssh to the radio station. From there, we re-open it in audacity, make it stereo, save it as .wav and broadcast it Sunday evening at 7:30.
    Linux Mint + IceWM Registered: #371367 New Members: click here